Remember that post about growing my own food? I’m still working on it! And by working on it, I mean watering the plants once a day when I bring the dog out to pee.
Due to our backyard being a construction zone, I decided to transfer the seedlings from the empty egg cartons to some pots I found in the basement. This way, the plants can be moved around and not disturbed by that digging/pumping/blasting/etc that occurs on a weekly basis. Somehow in the midst of this, I managed to mix up the seedlings and had no idea what was growing. Of the four pots I transferred seedlings into, only two pots have things growing in them, and apparently they are both zucchini.
So much for cukes and tomatoes.
Here is an update on what the plants look like today… does anyone know how big zucchini plants get? And are flowers common on zucchini plants? Honestly, if I get one darn vegetable out of the entire deal I’ll be happy.
Part 2: Summer Goals
I’m so excited to have strike quite a few things off my list- How is your SBL going? Have you added anything or crossed anything off? Let me know!
1. Read more books! I’ve been reading like crazy and can’t get enough. Here’s what on my list:
The Nice Girl Syndrome by Beverly Engel
Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Best of Me by Nicolas Sparks
Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent
2. Watch Season 3 of Orange Is The New Black. No explanation needed! ps- if you haven’t already, definitely read Piper’s book!
3. Go to the beach! Seriously I live 15 min away from a handful of amazing beaches and didn’t go once last summer Done! I’m considering buying a season pass for $112, I think I’d def use it!
4. Run My First 5K. I’m signing up for a fun obstacle course run with my cousin in August, so looking forward to this!
5. Sit in my hammock and sip wine. Star gaze. Daydream. Cuddle.
5. Spend time with my BFF from New Hampshire. I haven’t seen her since December thanks to 173 miles between us and opposite work schedules.
6. Spend time with my nephews. My oldest nephew starts high school in the fall.
7. Hike. J and I always plan one hike a summer which I complain the entire way and have at least one breakdown before get to the top. 😉 but it’s always so rewarding in the end! (Mostly when I’m off the mtn and eating ice cream)
8. Nantucket/Martha’s Vineyard. This is a wild card, not sure it’ll happen. Neither Mr A or I have ever been, and I would love a long weekend away, so to be continued!